Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, also known as the North Campus Metro Station, is located on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro network. It is an important station that serves the North Campus of the University of Delhi, one of the largest and most prestigious universities in India.
The station is strategically located, providing easy access to many educational institutions, residential areas, and commercial centers. It is a busy station with a large footfall of commuters, especially students, teachers, and university staff. The station is well-connected to other parts of Delhi through the metro network and provides a convenient mode of transportation for people traveling to and from the North Campus.
Students at the University of Delhi benefit the most from the Vishwavidyalaya metro station, given its prime location. This Vishwavidyalaya metro station running on the Yellow line of the Delhi Metro is at a walkable distance from the North Campus Area of the University of Delhi of the Delhi Vishwavidyalaya.
New Delhi, the capital of India, is a populated city with many students, business officials, and tourists throughout the year. The University of Delhi is divided into North and South campuses, and the North Campus houses 16 colleges and three founding colleges.
More than 90,000 students are studying at the university, and for most students studying in the North Campus, the Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi is a boon. It helps students travel to and from their campus safely and quickly. This article will discuss the Metro station close to the North Campus University, i.e. the Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi. So keep looking forward to it.
About North Campus Locality:
North Campus is a bustling locality situated in the northern part of Delhi. It is known for being the academic hub of the city. It is home to some of the most prestigious universities in India, including the University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, and Delhi Technological University. The area is also known for its historical landmarks and green spaces, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists.
One of the major attractions of North Campus is the University of Delhi, which is spread across a sprawling campus that covers over 400 acres. The campus is home to various faculties, including arts, science, commerce, and law, and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Students from all over India come to North Campus to pursue higher education, making it a vibrant and diverse community.
Another landmark in the area is the India Habitat Centre, a hub for cultural activities and events. The center has several auditoriums, galleries, and restaurants, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists. The area is also home to the National Museum, which has a vast collection of art and artifacts from India.
The area around North Campus is also known for its street food and local markets. The Kamla Nagar market is a popular destination for shoppers, offering a range of clothing, accessories, and food items. The area is also famous for its chaat, a popular Indian snack sold at street stalls throughout the locality.
Regarding transportation, North Campus is well-connected to other parts of Delhi through the metro network. The Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station is located on the Yellow Line and provides easy access to other parts of the city. The area is also well-served by buses and auto-rickshaws, making it easy to navigate and travel.
Overall, North Campus is a vibrant and bustling locality that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and education. Whether you are a student, a tourist, or a local resident, there is always something to see and do in this vibrant part of Delhi.
About Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi:
- As discussed above, the Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi is located on the Yellow Line route and was opened to the public on December 20th, 2004. It has been 17 years since its inception. Still, to date, the station remains popular and busy, thanks to its proximity to the University of Delhi because this metro station also sees a rise in ridership daily. That is why this metro station is famous for various students from different backgrounds in education.
- The structure of the Vishwavidyalaya metro station is an underground station home to the top of many Mall Roads. There are three levels to the station – Entry Level (G), Mezzanine Level (L1), and Platform Level (L2).
- The Street Level has the main entry and exit points. These points are present on either side of the road. The Mezzanine Level contains the fare control centre, Station Agent, Metro Card vending machines, TVM/AVM machines, and crossovers.
- The Platform Level of the Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi has two sides opening to Platform 1 and Platform 2.
- Platform 1 will take passengers south of the city, towards HUDA City Centre.
- Platform 2 will take passengers north of the city, towards Samaypur Badli.
- This metro station also has parking facilities on the Ground Level.
- The train station is differently-challenged friendly too, i.e. provides wheelchair, assistance, and Braille buttons installed inside the lifts.
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi-Quick Facts:
Here are the Quick Facts about the North Campus Closest Metro Station, Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, and the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro.
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station
The Mall Rd, Banarsi Das Estate,
Timarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Yellow Line of Delhi Metro
Preceding and proceeding stations
GTB Nagar and Vidhan Sabha
1 and 2 (side platforms)
Ground, L1, L2
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station-Location:
The Vishwavidyalaya metro station is located on Mall Road and next to the University of Delhi North Campus. The complete address of the metro station is as below.
Vishwavidyalaya metro Station’s Address is:
The Mall Rd, Banarsi Das Estate,
Timarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110007, India.
The exact digital coordinates of the station are 28°41′41″N and 77°12′53″E.
You can also relocate this metro station on digital maps such as Google Maps for better access to the metro station without facing any problems.
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station-Facilities:
Here are some basic facilities that are available at the Vishwavidyalaya metro station. The yellow line of the Delhi metro is mentioned below:
- Ramps for differently-abled people
- Help desks
- MetroCard vending machines
- Passenger information display boards
- Parking Zone
Vishwavidyalaya Metro-Route Map:
Here is the Vishwavidyalaya Metro Route Map image to better clarify the respective metro station you want to travel from. Take a brief look at the metro route map (Yellow Line).
The Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro is 49.02 km long, and in 2004 this line was started for the public. The Vishwavidyalaya metro station was the terminal station at one end of the line. The line was slowly extended in the next few years, and the present line was completed only in 2015, almost 11 years later.
From Samaypur Badli, Vishwavidyalaya metro station is the ninth stop; from HUDA City Centre, this is the 29th stop. 37 active stations on the Yellow Line are all currently operational.
The GTB Nagar and Vidhan Sabha metro stations are located after the Vishwavidyalaya metro station. Multiple interchange connection stations will take you throughout the route to the Red Line, Purple Line, Airport Express Line, Blue Line, Pink Line, Violet Line, and Magenta Line.
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station-Distance To Popular Places:
Here are some popular places close to the Vishwavidyalaya Metro station; Yellow Line is mentioned below:
- The Kashmere Gate: It is the busiest metro station in the country and is in Old Delhi. Most of the popular monuments in the city are easily reachable from here. You can also reach the Delhi Junction Railway Station and the Interstate Bus Terminal from here. Kashmere Gate Metro Station is the third stop from the Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi, and it is easy to visit there. The Kashmere Gate is also the interchange junction for the Red and Violet Lines.
- Chandni Chowk: It is a paradise for shoppers in the city, and people flock here in the evenings and on weekends; it also easily connects to the Delhi Junction Railway Station, famous for delicious delicacies such as the infamous “paranthe wali gali”. This is the fourth stop from Vishwavidyalaya metro station, about 7 km away.
- AIIMS hospital: It is also on the Yellow Line, the 14th stop from Vishwavidyalaya metro station Delhi, Delhi. The hospital is walkable from the AIIMS metro station and helps thousands of patients travel to and fro easily.
- MG Road: It is located in Gurgaon, Haryana, a residential and commercial complex hub. The two malls, DLF City Centre and MGF Metropolitan are on either side of the MG Road station. This station is also on the Yellow Line and can be directly reached from the Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi.
Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station-Distance To Nearby Landmarks:
Here are some landmarks along with their respective distance from the metro station. They are very close to this metro station, and these landmarks are prime locations, which is why it is famous and known by many.
Railway Claims Tribunal
University of Delhi
Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur College
Pathan Wali Masjid
RTO Transport Authority, North Zone
Dr. B.R Ambedkar National Memorial
Restaurants Near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi:
There are so many restaurants located near Vishwavidyalaya metro station in Delhi. Most of these are within 2 km of the station, ranging from fine dining places to roadside eateries. If you are hungry and want to grab some munchies, you can check these eateries mentioned in the table below.
Sheela Maggie Point
Annai South Indian Kitchen
Grain Bell Restaurant
Chef Giri Restaurants
Flats/Houses Near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station:
The Vishwavidyalaya metro station is located at Timarpur, and there are a lot of new and old properties available in this area for buyers and renters. According to brokers’ or housing experts’ analysis, the price of these properties ranges from 40 lakhs to over 15 crores. crores.
Rental prices vary too, ranging from INR 5,000 to INR 80,000. People prefer to buy homes with proper metro connectivity and communication to other parts of the city. The Delhi metro plays an important role because of its better connectivity to every part of the country’s capital city.
As this metro station is close to the Delhi University Campus, many PGs and Hostels are available for students. They can easily search on the Internet, where they will be shown plenty of results.
You can opt for properties in various nearby areas, and the popular types of properties in each area are given below:
- Hudson Lane: The average sale price in this locality is Rs 13194 per Square foot. 3 BHK is the most common room configuration and accounts for about 71% of all the properties for sale in this area. 60% of the properties in Hudson Lane are Builder Floor apartments.
- GTB Nagar: 3 BHK is this locality’s most common room configuration; about 63% of houses fall in this category. While 52% of Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar properties are Builder Floor apartments. In this locality, 3 BHK is available in the price range of Rs 1.35 Cr to 2.40 Cr, while the rental price of 3 BHK is Rs. 10,000 to 48,000.
- Gulabi Bagh: In Gulabi Bagh, 2 BHK is the most common room configuration, and 64% of properties in Gulabi Bagh are multistorey apartments. The average price range is Rs. 11420 per sqft. Some nearby localities to Gulabi Bagh are Malka Ganj, Jawahar Nagar, and Kamla Nagar.
- Rana Pratap Bagh: The average sale price in this locality is Rs. 10000 per sqft. Its most popular configuration of 3 BHK is available for sale in the price range of Rs 90 Lac to 2.50 Cr. Whereas the rental price of 3 BHK is Rs 35,000 to 50,000. Most builder floors are available here. Some of its nearby localities are Jawahar Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Kamla Nagar, and Roop Nagar.
- Mukherjee Nagar: Mukherjee Nagar consists of residential apartments and independent builder floors, with 2 BHK and 3 BHK being the most popular configuration. Popular residential projects in Mukherjee Nagar are Signature View Apartment and Sai Kripa, and RWAs like Sarvdharm RWA and Jan Kalyan RWA, among others.
These above-mentioned properties in those areas are easily accessible from this metro station as well.
Commercial Complexes Near Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi:
Located right on Mall Road, the Vishwavidyalaya metro station is quite close to major commercial complexes and office spaces, such as:
Mayor House, Timarpur
Delhi Legislative Assembly
RTO Transport Authority office, North Zone
Vikas Bhawan – II
Rajpura State Transport Authority
Parking At Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station:
Yes, the parking zone is available in the Vishwavidyalaya metro station. Therefore, a dedicated parking space is provided for people visiting the Vishwavidyalaya metro station. You can park up to 300 cars and 1200 two-wheelers here.
Below are parking rates as it is paid parking depending upon hours. Parking slots get filled very quickly on most days of the week and at weekends. So it is better to reach the spot early on.
Conclusively, the Vishwavidyalaya metro station connects some of the most important localities of the city and is the easiest way for students of the University of Delhi to travel. You can board the train at the Vishwavidyalaya metro station and subsequently use various interchange points to travel to all four corners of the city easily.
With all basic amenities, abundant parking space, and a strategic location, this metro station has made lives easy for the people of Delhi for the last 17 years. Moreover, this line is an essential metro line of the Delhi Metro, serving all the major areas like this one.