GTB Nagar Metro Station is on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro in India. It is situated on the northern side of the GTB Nagar market and serves the nearby residential and commercial areas.
The station serves students and commuters traveling to and from the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges. GTB Nagar was opened on 4th February 2009 as part of the Yellow Line extension from Vishwa Vidyalaya Metro Station to Jahangirpuri Metro Station.
It is located between Vishwa Vidyalaya and Model Town Metro Station. The station is equipped with escalators and elevators for the convenience of passengers. It is one of the busiest metro stations in the city due to its proximity to the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges.
Educational institutions like Delhi University and Vivekananda College surround the station. It also serves as a shopping, restaurant, and commercial activity hub. The station is connected to various public transport services such as Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses and auto rickshaws. Furthermore, the station can be accessed from the Vishwa Vidyalaya Metro Station.
The station is well-maintained and provides passengers with a safe and comfortable environment. It has been awarded ISO certification for its efficient services and is equipped with CCTV cameras for safety purposes. As a result, the station has become an essential point of connectivity for the people of Delhi and its surrounding areas.
GTB Nagar is the abbreviation Guru Tegh Bahadur Nagar (Kingsway Camp). This metro station is built for the Convenience of the main students of Delhi universities and other people, as this metro falls under the yellow line of the Delhi metro, which connects Gurgaon (Haryana) and Delhi. Hence, people from both cities commute a lot via this metro route, which is why it is also one of the busiest lines of the Delhi Metro.
In this article, we will discuss the GTB Metro Station, New Delhi, in more detail, such as Residences, Restaurants, Commercial Complexes which are close to the metro station, and many more, so keep Looking forward.
Quick Facts About The GTB Nagar Metro Station:
It is essential to know the quick facts about this metro station to have an easy journey on this route; here are the facts mentioned below. Take a quick look at them:
- This metro station is in an Underground structure that runs on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro route.
- It is owned and operated by the DMRC: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
- It was operational from 4th February 2009, 14 years ago.
- It has elevators, escalators, TVM/AVM machines and metro card vending machines,
- It has street-level entry and exit options.
- Mezzanine floor, fare control, station agent, and Crossover.
- Side platforms, i.e., the metro train’s doors, open on the left side.
- Has two platforms, i.e., platform 1 towards- Huda City Center and Platform 2 towards- Samaypur Badli.
- The Southbound Next station is Vishwa Vidyala, and the Northbound station is in Model Town.
- Electrified: 25 kV 50 Hz AC Through overhead Catenary.
- It is disabled-friendly, i.e. wheelchairs, the assistance provided by the metro and braille buttons are also installed inside the metro station of the GTB Nagar route.
- The station code of GTB Nagar Metro Station is GTBR.
- It is a Double track rapid transit system.
- CCTV and tight security system.
These are some quick facts for the passengers so they can access this metro station very quickly and continue their journey via the metro without facing any hurdles. Everything is provided inside the station for their convenience.
Address Of The GTB Nagar Metro Station:
Here is the proper address to reach the GTB Nagar Metro Station, yellow line of the Delhi Metro: 65, Ring Road, Guru Tegh Bahadur Nagar, Northwest Delhi, 110009, India.
You can also locate this metro station on digital maps such as Google maps as it is straightforward to access through it, and you can also reach and board the train on time.
Fare And Timings Of The GTB Nagar Metro Station:
Here we will discuss the fare and timings of the GTB Nagar Metro Station, Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro.
Fare: The fare at the GTB Nagar metro station costs around Rs.10 to Rs. 60. This depends upon the distance of the journey from the GTB Nagar metro station to other stations of the yellow line route.
There is another benefit to saving up your ticket fare that is through using the Metro Smart Card as you will also get discounts on your journey and can avoid the long queues in front of Token Vending machines and many more benefits, such as buying bus tickets through the Delhi metro card is also available.
Timings: It is also significant to know the timings of the metro station so that you can reach your respective destination on time. The timings of the GTB Nagar Metro Station are from 5:30 am to 11:15 pm; follow this timetable so that you can catch your train.
List Of Stations Along With GTB Nagar Metro Station:
Here is the total number of active stations that fall under the yellow line of Delhi Metro, which connects both Delhi and Gurgaon (Haryana), where GTB Nagar metro station also falls.
The Yellow Line (Line 2) has 37 active stations from Samaypur Badli in Delhi to Huda City Center in Gurgaon in Haryana. The following names are mentioned below:
- Samaypur Badli
- Rohini Sector 18, 19
- Haiderpur Badli Mor
- Adarsh Nagar
- Model Town
- GTB Nagar
- Vishwa Vidyalaya
- Civil Lines
- Kashmere Gate
- Chandni Chowk
- Chawri Bazar
- New Delhi
- Rajiv Chowk
- Patel Chowk
- Central Secretariat
- Udyog Bhawan
- Lok Kalyan Marg
- Jor Bagh
- Green Park
- Hauz Khas
- Malviya Nagar
- Qutub Minar
- Arjan Garh
- Guru Dronacharya
- MG Road
- IFFCO Chowk
- Huda City Center
These stations mentioned above fall under the yellow line route, and it is also one of the busiest routes as it connects two cities; every day, it sees a daily increase in ridership. Therefore, this line gives all the passengers a world-class journey as people commute via the metro regularly.
Popular Landmarks Near GTB Nagar Metro station:
We know that GTB Nagar metro station is close to the North Campus of Delhi University, which is one of the prime places in Delhi because the North campus has many DU colleges that are very famous in the country as students worldwide study in these colleges. It also has other famous places. Here are some Landmarks which are close to the GTB Nagar Metro station which is mentioned below:
- India Gate (4.2 km)
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib (2.0 km)
- Red Fort (4.9 km)
- Jama Masjid (3.3 km)
- Humayun’s Tomb (7.1 km)
- Qutub Minar (10.7 km)
- Rashtrapati Bhavan (2.6 km)
- Akshardham (9.3 km)
- Lotus Temple (7.3 km)
- National Gallery of Modern Art (2.3 km)
- Majnu Ka Tilla (Famous Tibetan Place) (4.2 km)
- Kamla Nagar (2.7 km)
Colleges & Educational Institutes:
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research, Delhi – 0.4 km
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, Delhi – 0.6 km
- The University of Delhi, North Campus – 1.2 km
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering – 1.5 km
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research – 2.2 km
- National Power Training Institute – 2.7 km
- Delhi Institute of Technology and Management – 3.1 km
- Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education – 3.2 km
- Bharti Vidyapeeth College of Engineering – 4.2 km
- Jagannath International Management School – 4.9 km
- Hotel Ajanta: 0.4 km
- Hotel City Star: 0.5 km
- The Hans Coco Palms: 0
- The Parkland Green Park: 1.1 km
- The Parkland Panchsheel Park: 1.3 km
- The Parkland Hauz Khas Village: 2.1 km
- Hotel Sunstar Residency: 2.2 km
- Neemrana’s The Hans: 2.2 km
- Hotel Citi International: 2.3 km
- Ahuja Residency: 2.4 km
These landmarks are close to the GTB Nagar metro station as their respective Distance from the metro station is also provided for more clarity.
Therefore the North campus is close to the GTB Nagar metro station, home to many University of Delhi Colleges such as St. Stephens, Hansraj College, Daulat Ram College, Ramjas College, Hindu College, Miranda House college, and East Asian studies departments, as well as many departments.
The administration block of the North Campus, professors’ residences, and student hostels are also available near the GTB Nagar Metro Station, Delhi.
GTB Metro Station is located on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro and serves the Gulabi Bagh and Jhilmil Industrial Area.
It is one of the busiest metro stations in Delhi due to its proximity to residential and commercial areas. There are many restaurants and eateries near the GTB Metro Station that offer a variety of cuisines and dining options. Some are mentioned below such as:
- For those looking for North Indian cuisine, there is Eazy Bite, just a few hundred meters from the metro station. They offer traditional North Indian dishes like Butter Chicken, Biryani, and Dal Makhani. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere and is open till late at night.
- For Chinese food lovers, there are many Chinese Restaurants located at a distance of about 500 meters from the metro station. It is a famous restaurant that serves delicious Chinese dishes like Chowmein, Manchurian, and Noodles. The restaurant is known for its quick service and pocket-friendly prices.
- The Burger King outlet is located within a kilometer of the metro station for those looking for fast food options. It is a popular chain restaurant that offers burgers, fries, and other fast food items.
- For those who are looking for low-budget options, there is the Janta Bhojnalaya, which is located at a distance of about two kilometres from the metro station. It is a small eatery that serves delicious North Indian dishes at an affordable price.
- For those looking for a fine dining experience, the Royal India Restaurant is located about five kilometres from the metro station. This restaurant serves exotic North Indian and Chinese cuisines in a luxurious ambience. You can also try Tibetan cuisine as it is close to Majnu Ka Tilla, a Tibetan place in Delhi.
Overall, the GTB Metro Station has many restaurants and eateries near it, offering a variety of cuisines and dining options that cater to different budgets and tastes.
Some other food joints that are close to the GTB Nagar Metro Station are:
- Chawla’s 2 – 0.2 km
- Indian Coffee House – 0.4 km
- Domino’s Pizza – 0.4 km
- Haldiram’s – 0.6 km
- Subway – 0.6 km
- KFC – 0.8 km
- The Yellow Chilli – 0.8 km
- Burger King – 0.9 km
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – 1.0 km
- Pizza Hut – 1.2 km
If you want to grab fast food to munch on and travel to this metro station or its area, then it’s the perfect place to test your taste buds, as it is trendy for food joints, mainly among the students, near the campus.
As people prefer properties and residences near the metro station, GTB Nagar is the perfect place to live as it is in the prime location of Delhi, has many colleges near the station, and is also a residential area.
You can look for properties and rents here. It is available very quickly; you just need to look for them online as it will show you many options, such as 2BHKs and 3BHKs flats, which are close to the area as well as the metro station of GTB Nagar, and many other stations also have the proximity to this area, so it is considered perfect for residences and properties.
You can also find Student Hostels and PGs, as we know it is close to many educational institutions.
You can find many options in properties and other residential projects near the GTB Nagar Metro station on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro route.
There are many commercial complexes near the GTB Nagar metro station as it is located in a prime area. Here are some:
- GTB Nagar Market- 0.2 km
- Kamla Nagar Market- 3.4 km
- G.T.B. Nagar Shopping Mall- 0.4 km
- Aggarwal City Mall- 0.5 km
- Hudson Lane Shopping Complex- 0.7 km
- Hans Plaza- 0.8 km
- Ansal Plaza- 1.2 km 8. Omaxe Mall- 1.4 km
- Avon Plaza- 1.7 km
- Chawla Square- 1.8 km
- Majnu Ka Tilla- 4.2 km
These are some commercial complexes also mentioned, along with their respective distance.
Parking Zone Availability At The GTB Nagar Metro Station:
Yes, parking space is available in GTB Nagar metro station, the yellow line of the Delhi Metro route. It is paid to park, depending upon hours. It contains all types of vehicles that are Four Wheelers and Two Wheelers.
You can have monthly parking subscriptions. The total fare is mentioned inside the parking lot of the GTB Nagar metro station. Parking space is another best benefit provided to commuters who park their vehicles in the metro station parking lot and then continue their journey to their destination, as it is very convenient and safe.
Latest Update On The GTB Nagar Metro Station:
According to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the GTB Nagar metro station on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro provides a crucial link between the North Campus of the University of Delhi and the rest of Delhi. The station is also connected to the nearby University of Delhi Metro Station on the Yellow Line, enabling passengers to access both parts of the city.
Additionally, the station will have plenty of retail outlets, food outlets, and other amenities. Furthermore, the station will have an eco-friendly design, with solar panels and rainwater harvesting facilities. The station is expected to be an essential part of the Delhi Metro network and help provide a seamless transit experience for commuters.
GTB Nagar Metro station is one of the oldest metro stations in Delhi. It was opened in 2004 as part of the Delhi Metro’s Phase 1. The station is located in the North Campus area of the University of Delhi. It is one of the busiest metro stations in the city, with a daily ridership of over 200,000 passengers.
The station has four platforms and is served by Yellow and Violet lines. It is well connected to all parts of the city, providing easy access to places like Connaught Place and Old Delhi. The station also has various amenities, such as escalators and lifts, ticketing machines, and other facilities. Overall, GTB Nagar Metro station is an integral part of the Delhi Metro network, providing a convenient and efficient way of travelling around the city.