Delhi is the capital city of India and is located in the northern part of the country. It is one of the most populous cities in India and the world, with over 21 million people. Delhi has a rich history, diverse culture, and vibrant energy.
The Delhi Metro is known for its efficiency, reliability, and cleanliness. It has become an integral part of Delhi’s transportation and has helped a lot in managing and reducing road traffic and air pollution. The metro system is also well-connected to other modes of transportation, such as buses and trains, making it easier for commuters to travel to different parts of the city.
I said Delhi Metro is the largest metro network in our country. Delhi Metro has 10 different lines connecting different places in NCR, with over 250 metro stations. Delhi Metro is managed and operated by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
About Mandi House Metro Station:
Mandi House is a popular metro station in the heart of Delhi, India. It is an interchange station for two metro lines: the Blue Line and the Violet Line. The station is named after the nearby Mandi House, a cultural centre of Delhi, and houses several theatres and cultural institutions.
The Mandi House metro station is a major transportation hub. It provides easy access to several important landmarks and areas of Delhi, including Connaught Place, India Gate, Parliament House, and Old Delhi. The station is also well-connected to Delhi Airport and the New Delhi Railway Station, making it a convenient transit point for travellers.
The station has several facilities for the convenience of commuters, including ticket counters, ticket vending machines, ATMs, and public toilets. The station is also wheelchair accessible and has elevators and ramps for the convenience of physically challenged commuters. Additionally, the station has a designated area for parking bicycles and offers bicycle rental services.
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi Location:
The Mandi House metro station is located in central Delhi, India. It is situated at the intersection of two major roads, the Copernicus Marg and the Mandi House Marg. The station serves as an interchange station for two metro lines: the Blue Line and the Violet Line.
It is located near several important landmarks and areas of Delhi, including Connaught Place, India Gate, Parliament House, and Old Delhi. The Indira Gandhi International Airport and the New Delhi Railway Station are accessible from the Mandi House metro station.
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi- Route Map:
Here is the route map in detail for the Mandi House metro station in Delhi:
Mandi House metro station is an interchange station for two metro lines: the Blue Line and the Violet Line. Here are the details of each line:
Blue Line: The Blue Line runs from Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida Electronic City, covering a distance of 50.56 km. The line has 44 stations and is known for connecting important commercial and residential areas of Delhi, such as Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, and Dwarka. The Blue Line intersects with the Violet Line at the Mandi House metro station.
Violet Line: The Violet Line runs from Kashmiri Gate to Raja Nahar Singh, covering a total distance of 47.08 km. The line has 34 stations and is known for connecting important areas of Delhi, such as Lajpat Nagar, Nehru Place, and Faridabad. The Violet Line intersects with the Blue Line at the Mandi House metro station.
Interchange: At the Mandi House metro station, passengers can easily switch between the Blue and Violet lines. The interchange is located on the station’s lower level and can be accessed via elevators, escalators, and staircases. Passengers can use their metro cards or tokens to transfer between the lines.
Overall, the Mandi House metro station is an important transportation hub in Delhi, providing easy access to several important landmarks and areas of the city.
Mandi House Metro Station Name list on Delhi Metro Blue Line route:
Delhi Metro Blue Line Stations
Noida Electronic City
Noida Sector 62
Noida Sector 59
Noida Sector 61
Noida Sector 52
Noida Sector 34
Noida City Centre
Noida Sector 18
Noida Sector 16
Noida Sector 15
New Ashok Nagar
Mayur Vihar Extension
Mayur Vihar – I
Ramakrishna Ashram Marg
Uttam Nagar East
Uttam Nagar West
Dwarka Sector 14
Dwarka Sector 13
Dwarka Sector 12
Dwarka Sector 11
Dwarka Sector 10
Dwarka Sector 9
Dwarka Sector 8
Dwarka Sector 21
Mandi House Metro Station Name list on Delhi Metro Violet Line route:
Delhi Metro Violet Line Stations
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Neelam Chowk Ajronda
Sant Surdas — Sihi (NCB Colony)
Raja Nahar Singh (Ballabhgarh)
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi- Distance To Popular Places:
Here are the distances from Mandi House metro station to popular places in Delhi:
- Connaught Place – 1.3 km
- India Gate – 2.2 km
- Parliament House – 1.6 km
- Humayun’s Tomb – 7.8 km
- Qutub Minar – 17.6 km
- Red Fort – 6.2 km
- Lotus Temple – 12.8 km
- Akshardham Temple – 8.2 km
- Jama Masjid – 4.6 km
- National Museum – 1.7 km
These distances are approximate and may vary depending on the mode of transportation used and the route taken. However, the Mandi House metro station is well-connected to other parts of Delhi, making it a convenient transit point for travellers.
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi- Design And Structure:
Mandi House Metro Station in Delhi is an underground metro station designed to cater to many passengers. It is located on the intersection of two major roads, the Copernicus Marg and the Mandi House Marg, in central Delhi.
Here are some design and structural features of the Mandi House Metro Station:
- Layout and Structure: Mandi House Metro Station has a dual-level layout with concourse levels on both the upper and lower floors. The upper concourse level is at the street level and houses the ticketing counters, customer service booths, and retail shops. The lower concourse level is below the upper level and is used to interchange the Blue Line and the Violet Line.
- Accessibility: The station is designed to be accessible to all passengers, including those with disabilities. It has elevators and escalators that connect both concourse levels and platforms and tactile paving on the floor for the visually impaired.
- Lighting and Ventilation: The station has energy-efficient LED lights and a ventilation system that circulates fresh air.
- Aesthetics: The station’s design features modern and traditional Indian architectural elements, including arched doorways, glass ceilings, and murals depicting Indian cultural heritage.
- Artwork: Mandi House Metro Station features several art installations, including murals, sculptures, and paintings, by renowned Indian artists, which add to the station’s aesthetic appeal.
Overall, Mandi House Metro Station is designed for the comfort and convenience of passengers, focusing on safety, accessibility, and aesthetics.
Quick Facts- Mandi House Metro Station Delhi:
November 11, 2006
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (HMRL)
Blue Line Delhi Metro
Violet Line Delhi Metro
Supreme Court (Blue Line)
ITO (Violet Line)
Barakhamba (Blue Line)
Janpath (Violet Line)
No. of Platforms
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi- Parking Availability:
Mandi House metro station has a parking facility.
Mandi House Metro Station Delhi- Facilities:
Mandi House Metro Station in Delhi is one of the major metro stations in the city and offers several facilities to its passengers. Here are some of the facilities available at the Mandi House Metro Station:
- Ticketing Counters: The station has ticketing counters where passengers can buy tickets or recharge their smart cards. These counters are located on the upper concourse level of the station.
- Automatic Fare Collection Gates: The station has several Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates, where passengers can swipe their smart cards to enter and exit the station.
- Escalators and Elevators: The station has escalators and elevators to help passengers move between the concourse levels and the platforms. These facilities are especially useful for passengers with mobility issues.
- Restrooms: The station has separate male and female restrooms on the upper concourse level.
- ATMs: Several ATMs are located at the station, accessible to passengers for their financial transactions.
- Retail Shops and Food Outlets: The station has retail shops and food outlets where passengers can purchase snacks, drinks, and other items.
- Security Measures: The station has a security system in place, including CCTV cameras, metal detectors, and baggage scanners, to ensure the safety of passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Mandi House Metro Station is located in the heart of Delhi and is close to many popular tourist attractions such as India Gate, National Museum, and Parliament House.
Yes, Mandi House Metro Station has parking facilities available for commuters. However, it is recommended to check the availability beforehand, as it can be limited during peak hours.
Overall, the Mandi House Metro Station offers several facilities and services to its passengers, making it a convenient and comfortable mode of transportation in Delhi.
One of the main features of Mandi House metro station in Delhi is it connects most of the places and makes them accessible for people to use. It is easy for tourists to reach certain destinations from Mandi’s house. It has strengthened the connectivity for daily users, so building this metro station has proven successful work for the Delhi metro.