IFFCO Chowk Metro Station is a rapid transit station in Gurgaon, India. It lies on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro, connecting the city of Gurgaon to the National Capital Region (NCR). The station is named after the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative (IFFCO) and is located in the IFFCO Chowk area of Gurgaon, a major industrial and commercial hub.
IFFCO Chowk Metro Station is an important transport node for people commuting to and from Gurgaon and the NCR. It is located at the intersection of MG Road, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, and National Highway 8, making it easily accessible from all parts of the city. The station is also connected to other parts of the city through the Rapid Metro Gurgaon, which has its station at IFFCO Chowk.
The station is well-maintained and clean and has a ticket office, retail outlets, ATMs, and other facilities. It also has several entry and exit gates and is equipped with lifts, escalators, and elevators to facilitate the easy movement of passengers. Additionally, the station has a dedicated parking lot, a food court, and several other amenities.
IFFCO Chowk Metro Station has been a boon for commuters in Gurgaon as it provides a convenient and cost-effective mode of transport to and from the city. It has also helped reduce the road traffic burden and made commuting to and from the city much easier and faster.
The station has also helped bring about socio-economic development in the area, providing easy access to the city’s commercial and industrial hubs. This has also attracted many businesses, creating jobs and economic development.
The station has also been instrumental in facilitating the development of real estate projects in the locality, making it a sought-after destination for residential and commercial projects.
Overall, IFFCO Chowk Metro Station has been a blessing for commuters in Gurgaon and has been essential in the socio-economic transformation of the city. It has made commuting more accessible, faster, and more cost-effective while also helping to bring about economic development in the area as per phase three.
In this article, we will discuss IFFCO Chowk Metro Station, Gurgaon (Now known as Gurugram), which runs on the Yellow Line of the Delhi metro route, in a more detailed and informative way so that you do not miss any important parts about this metro station also it will help in your journey if you are visiting or traveling in this metro route. So keep looking forward.
Quick Facts About The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
Here are some quick facts to check about the IFFCO Chowk Metro station, Gurgaon (Yellow line of the Delhi Metro route):
- It is owned and operated by the DMRC: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. Still, this metro station is located in Gurugram (Previously known as Gurgaon), Haryana, as the Yellow line is the only line.
- It has two platforms, ie. It is in the form of a side platform, Platform- 1 towards the Huda City Center, Gurgaon, and platform- 2 towards the Samaypur Badli, Delhi.
- It has two tracks, i.e. a double-track.
- The station structure is elevated, i.e. it is over the ground
- The status of the station is staffed and operational
- It was opened to the public on 21st June 2010. Therefore, it has been operating for 12 years.
- The Metro Station code is IFOC.
- Electrified: 25 kV 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary.
- The station is well-structured, ie. It has all the facilities, such as Elevators, Escalators, station agents, and TVM/AVM machines.
- It has three entry/exit gates.
- It is disabled-friendly, i.e. it provides wheelchairs; assistance is given by the metro station authorities as well as the buttons of the lifts have braille systems.
- Phase 3 of this metro station of the IFFCO Chowk expansion by the DMRC that is this station would also join the terminal point of the airport expressway. It was said to be operational since 2016.
These are the quick facts about the IFFCO Chowk Metro station, the yellow line of the Delhi metro, so take a look at these quick facts of the IFFCO Chowk metro station and have a journey with great ease.
Location Of The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
The proper location and address of the IFFCO Chowk metro station are mentioned here so that it will be easier for commuters to access the station quickly.
“Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122002, India.”
You can also relocate this metro station on Digital maps, such as by searching Google map, which will show you the results and directions to reach this metro station easily.
List Of Stations In Yellow Line:
Here is the total number of active stations that fall under the yellow line of Delhi Metro, which connects both Delhi and Gurgaon (Haryana), where GTB Nagar metro station also falls.
The Yellow Line (Line 2) has 37 active stations from Samaypur Badli in Delhi to Huda City Center in Gurgaon. The following names are mentioned below:
- Samaypur Badli
- Rohini Sector 18, 19
- Haiderpur Badli Mor
- Adarsh Nagar
- Model Town
- GTB Nagar
- Vishwa Vidyalaya
- Civil Lines
- Kashmere Gate
- Chandni Chowk
- Chawri Bazar
- New Delhi
- Rajiv Chowk
- Patel Chowk
- Central Secretariat
- Udyog Bhawan
- Lok Kalyan Marg
- Jor Bagh
- Green Park
- Hauz Khas
- Malviya Nagar
- Qutub Minar
- Arjan Garh
- Guru Dronacharya
- MG Road
- IFFCO Chowk
- Huda City Center
These stations mentioned above fall under the yellow line route, and it is also one of the busiest routes as it connects two cities; every day, it sees a daily increase in ridership. Therefore, this line gives all the passengers a world-class journey as people commute via the metro regularly.
Fare And Timings Of The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
IFFCO Chowk metro station is located on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro and is a central interchange station. It is situated in the locality of IFFCO Chowk in Gurugram, Haryana, India. The IFFCO Chowk metro station is open to the public from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm daily.
It is one of the busiest metro stations in the National Capital Region (NCR), as it serves as an interchange station between the Yellow Line and Rapid Metro. Therefore, the fare for the IFFCO Chowk metro station depends on the distance traveled. For instance, traveling from IFFCO Chowk to HUDA City Centre is Rs. 40, while traveling from IFFCO Chowk to Rajiv Chowk is Rs. 60.
The fare also depends on the mode of payment. Passengers are entitled to a 5% discount on their fare. The IFFCO Chowk metro station has been built to provide a convenient and reliable public transport system for the citizens of Gurugram. It has modern amenities such as escalators, elevators, and ticket vending machines.
The station is also equipped with Passenger Information Display Systems (PIDS), multimedia screens, and closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras for the safety and security of passengers. The IFFCO Chowk metro station is also well-connected to the city bus network and has its own bus stand. It also has a few auto-rickshaws, which can be hired for commuting to and from the station. Additionally, cabs and taxis are also available from the station.
Overall, the IFFCO Chowk metro station is well-connected and provides a safe, convenient, and reliable mode of public transport to the citizens of Gurugram. It is essential to know about this, so you can take advantage of your train and save money on your metro journey in the Delhi Metro System, as metro rail is a very affordable public transport.
Popular Landmarks Near The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
Here are some popular landmarks that are near the IFFCO Chowk Metro station and the Gurgaon Yellow line of the Delhi Metro, which are mentioned below:
- Gurgaon Central Mall (1 km)
- MGF Metropolitan Mall (2.2 km)
- Kingdom of Dreams (2.5 km)
- DLF Cyber Hub (2.7 km)
- MG Road (3.2 km)
- Ambience Mall (3.7 km)
- Leisure Valley Park (3.9 km)
- Sheetla Mata Mandir (4.3 km)
- Sultanpur National Park (7.3 km)
- Iffco Chowk Bus Stand (800 m)
- The Leopard Trail (23.7 km)
These are some famous landmarks close to Gurgaon’s IFFCO Chowk metro station. Their respective distance from the metro station is also mentioned above. So look at these places, so you can also visit them via the Metro.
Restaurants Near The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
If you want to grab some quick mouthwatering snacks, then these are some restaurants that are close to the IFFCO Chowk metro station, Gurgaon (Yellow Line, Delhi Metro Route):
- Big Yellow Door (BYD) – 0.17 km
- Cafe Coffee Day – 0.2 km
- The Lalit Food Truck – 0.3 km
- Burger King – 0.3 km
- Creme Caramel – 0.3 km
- Faasos – 0.3 km
- Yo! China – 0.3 km
- The Bowl Company – 0.4 km
- KFC – 0.5 km
- Burger Singh – 0.5 km
Residential Properties Near The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
As we know, people prefer a residence with good connectivity. IFFCO Chowk is located at a prime place with various facilities and has metro connectivity between Delhi and Gurgaon. Here are some of the Residential Properties which are ready to move in or in sale status; they are mentioned below, along with their distance from the Metro Station:
- Vatika City – 2.3 Km
- Unitech Palm Springs – 2.9 Km
- Unitech Palm Drive – 3.2 Km
- Raheja Atlantis – 3.9 Km
- DLF Magnolias – 4.2 Km
- Vatika India Next – 4.7 Km
- DLF Gardencity – 5.1 Km
- Parasvnath Exotica – 5.4 Km
- Parsvnath Greenville – 6.2 Km
- Unitech Uniworld City – 6.5 Km
Commercial Complexes Near The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
Here are some commercial complexes which are close to the IFFCO Chowk metro station; they are also mentioned with their respective distance from the metro station so that you can have easy access to these places:
- Ambience Mall (0.4 km)
- DLF Cyber Hub (1.6 km)
- DLF Promenade (2.2 km)
- MGF Metropolitan Mall (2.7 km)
- Sahara Mall (2.8 km)
- DLF Place Mall (3.7 km)
- DLF Mall of India (5.5 km)
- Crown Interiors Mall (6.3 km)
- Ansal Plaza (6.3 km)
- Select CityWalk (6.4 km)
As we know, Gurgaon is also famous for its extravagant shopping malls and complexes. Some of the malls can be accessed through the IFFCO Chowk metro station or other yellow lines (Delhi metro route) metro stations of Gurgaon city. Take a look at these commercial complexes which are mentioned above.
Yes, parking is available at the IFFCO Chowk metro station, which is located on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro. The station has two pay and park facilities, one at each end of the station. The parking charges are nominal and are based on the duration of the stay.
The parking facilities are open till 11 pm and are managed by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. It is a very safe, secure, and convenient option for people to park their vehicles while they commute to their destinations.
The parking lots are well-maintained and monitored by CCTV cameras. This ensures an overall secure and hassle-free parking experience. The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station has thus become a convenient and safe option for commuters traveling to and from the station.
More Updates On The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station:
- IFFCO Chowk is one of the upcoming metro stations and already connects many other stations in Gurgaon and Delhi on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro. This station will be part of the expansion of the Delhi Metro and is expected to be completed by 2022-2023. It will be located between the existing stations of MG Road and Sikanderpur.
- The IFFCO Chowk metro station will be an essential transit point for commuters traveling to and from Gurgaon’s nearby commercial and residential areas. The station will have modern escalators, elevators, and display boards. It will also have ticket vending machines and automatic fare collection systems. Furthermore, the station will also have a dedicated parking space with CCTV surveillance.
- The IFFCO Chowk metro station is being constructed by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) as part of the Phase IV expansion of the Delhi Metro. This station will improve connectivity between the residential and commercial areas of Gurgaon. It will also reduce the commuting time for people traveling to and from nearby locations.
- It will be a major transit point for commuters traveling to and from the nearby areas. This station will improve the connectivity between Gurgaon’s residential and commercial spaces and reduce commuting time for people traveling to and from nearby areas. The station will also have modern facilities such as escalators, elevators, display boards, ticket vending machines, and automatic fare collection systems. It will also be equipped with a dedicated parking space with CCTV surveillance.
- The station was opened in June 2010 and is spread over 2,321 sq.m. It is well connected to IFFCO Chowk, DLF Cyber City, and Udyog Vihar. The station has two entry and exit points, escalators, and elevators for the convenience of passengers.
- The station has been designed to be eco-friendly with solar power, LED lighting, water harvesting, and environment-friendly building materials. The station is also equipped with solar panels and has installed a rainwater harvesting system, which helps save water.
- The station has a Multi-Level Car parking facility, accommodating up to 1300 cars. It also has a dedicated parking lot for bikes and scooters. The station has modern amenities like Wi-Fi, charging points, and ATMs. There are also various shops and kiosks.
- The station has been designed to be eco-friendly with solar power, LED lighting, water harvesting, and environment-friendly building materials. The station is also equipped with solar panels and has installed a rainwater harvesting system, which helps save water. The station also has a Multi-Level Car Parking facility, accommodating up to 1300 cars. It also has a dedicated parking lot for bikes and scooters. The station also has modern amenities like Wi-Fi, charging points, and ATMs. There are also various shops and kiosks in the station to cater to the needs of passengers.
- The Haryana Government plans to expand or add more stations and prepare for future Gurgaon metro rail projects.
Conclusively, the IFFCO Chowk Metro Station is an excellent addition to the expanding Delhi Metro network. It has provided a much-needed connection to the ITO, Saket, and other parts of South Delhi. The station has been well-designed, with comprehensive platforms and easy access to the metro.
It also has many amenities, such as food outlets, shopping outlets, and other services, making it an attractive destination for commuters. The IFFCO Chowk Metro Station has been a great success, providing commuters with a reliable and convenient means of travel. The station has seen a steady increase in ridership over the years, which is a testament to its popularity.
It has also helped reduce road congestion and is a boon to the local economy. Overall, the IFFCO Chowk Metro Station has been a great addition to the Delhi Metro network and has made commuting more accessible and convenient for commuters from all parts of the city.
The station is also well-connected to other parts of Delhi and the NCR, making it an excellent option for commuters and tourists. Therefore, the IFFCO Chowk Metro Station is an incredible asset for Delhi and provides a great service to its citizens.