This metro station in Lucknow was opened in September 2017, and now it has been 5 years that it is still operational and serving Lucknow city with full pride. The metro station is known as the Krishna Nagar metro station and can be found in the Krishna Nagar area in Lucknow, which is a part of the rapid transit system.
Lucknow is the largest city of Uttar Pradesh and the second largest agglomeration in the Indian State. As per the census report, which was conducted in the year 2011, Lucknow is the eleventh most populous city in India, with a population of 2.8 million.
Given the city’s population, the city is connected well to other parts both within the town and to other parts of the country/world via modes of transport such as city buses, inter-state buses, railways, airports, and the metro system. Even though the metro network in Lucknow was rooted only in September 2017, in a short while, it has developed into a rapid transit system.
The metro station system in Lucknow was developed at lightning speed and the fastest growth rate, one of the most quickly constructed stations in the world. The civil works system was initiated in the year of 2014. Within three years, it came into effect and action.
Lucknow’s metro rail system has been divided into two corridors: the north-south corridor, which connects CCS International Airport to Munshipulia, and the east-west corridor, which connects Vasant Kunj to Charbagh. The successful completion of the metro rail project has been the primary goal of the Uttar Pradesh government under the supervision of the current Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath.
In September 2017, CM Yogi Adityanath and Rajnath Singh, the Home Minister, approved the Lucknow Metro. In this article, we will read more about the Krishna Nagar Metro Station situated in Lucknow City and operated by the Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), so keep looking forward to it.
About Krishna Nagar Metro Station:
- The Krishna Nagar Metro station in Lucknow began its construction in March 2016. The Krishna Nagar metro station falls on the Red line and has a side platform.
- The coordinates of the metro station are 26.794386°N 80.891721°E.
- The previous station of Krishna Nagar Metro station is Transport Nagar (towards CCS International Airport), and the station next to Krishna Nagar Metro Station is Singar Nagar (towards Munshi Pulia).
Quick Facts About Krishna Nagar Metro Station:
Here are some Quick Facts to check about the Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow, as it is essential to know these things if you travel via the Metro. The facts are mentioned; take a look at the table below:
6th September 2017
Popular Places That Are Close To The Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow:
Krishna Nagar Metro Station is situated on the Red Line, which connects it to various tourist attractions also many popular places, which are mentioned below such as follows:
- Chhota Imambara: The Chhota Imambara is a beautiful structure and a historical site in Lucknow city. The towering monument is situated in the western part of Bara Imambara. The monument was initially built as a congregation hall for Shia Muslims in 1838 by Muhammad Ali Shah, the third Nawab of Awadh. The nearest metro station is Charbagh Railway station, about 5.1 km away and close to the Krishna Nagar Metro Station.
- Rumi Darwaza: The Rumi Darwaza is a phenomenal structure between Chhota Imambara and Bara Imambara in the city. It was constructed under the patronage of Nawab Asaf-Ud-Daula in 1784. The Rumi Darwaza is about 4.7 kilometres from Charbagh Railway Station.
- Dilkusha Kothi: The Dilkusha Kothi is a fascinating structure that attracts people worldwide. It was built in the 18th century as a hunting lodge by Major Gore Ouseley, a good friend of the Nawab. The Kothi was also used as a summer resort where the wives of the Nawabs came to relax, unwind and enjoy a nice picnic. The Kothi has located 2.7 km from Sachivalaya metro station and the Krishna Nagar Metro station.
- Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden: The Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden was initially called The Prince of Wales Zoological Gardens. The zoo is home to numerous birds, mammals, and reptiles. Some highlights of the zoo in terms of species are the Himalayan black bear, White Bengal tiger, Royal Bengal tiger, and Asiatic Lion. The Zoo is located on the red line like the Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow is located close to Sachivalaya metro stop, approximately 1 km away. Therefore this is a beautiful place to bring kids. It has easy access that is board the metro train. It reaches here without worrying about traffic problems
Krishna Nagar Metro Station Distance To Nearby Landmarks:
The locality of the Krishna Nagar area, wherein the Metro Station Krishna Nagar can be found, is situated in the Alambagh area, home to greenery, beauty, landmarks, and parks. In this neighbourhood, if one is passing by or stopping, one can find landmarks such as:
- Educational Hub: RAS Academy Inter College, Mahanagar Public Inter College
- Transportation Hub: Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow
- Shopping Centre: Phoenix United Mall
- Commercial Hub: Ptc Industries Ltd, Mercury Industries
- Nearby Localities: Aishbagh, Lucknow & Wazirganj, Lucknow
- Airport: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
- Hotel: Hotel Lucknow Inn
- Bank: HCBL Bank
- Hospital: Lucknow Hospital
These places mentioned above are very close to the metro station of Krishna Nagar area ( and Krishna Nagar Metro Station). You can easily visit these places with proper access from the metro station because of metro route connectivity the road congestion and pollution have been in control as per the LMRC authority, and this metro is situated in a prime area which is why it is also seeing a good increment in the ridership as well.
Restaurants Near Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow:
Suppose you are hungry and in the Krishna Nagar area or travelling to this place via Metro Route. In that case, you can grab a quick munching snack or food as some eateries options are mentioned below in the table, along with their respective distance from the metro station:
Raj Laxmi Alambagh
The Cherry Tree Cafe
Shree Shree Balaji Dhaba
Marine Room-The Piccadily
You can visit these restaurants easily as they are at a walkable distance from the Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow. This is one of the benefits added to every metro station, making it more popular. Daily ridership is also increasing because of these other facilities apart from the metro facilities.
Properties Near Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow:
As we know, the metro route has a distinct effect on property or residential societies’ prices because people usually prefer locality with easy and basic necessities. They want a place where they can easily connect and communicate with other major parts of the city.
Therefore, the metro system or network is the only mode of transport that gives you all of these benefits mentioned in the article. People are fond of these benefits and are interested in buying homes or properties near the metro stations.
The price range for properties on sale near Krishna Metro station is listed in the table below:
Upto 20 lakh
Parking At This Metro Station:
No, parking is available in the Krishna Nagar Metro Station; there might be one in the future. In response to public requests, Lucknow civic officials have decided to make parking available across key metro stations.
Parking adds up to many more benefits, and it also gives people relief for those who travel half by their respective vehicles and then continue their rest journey through the Metro. Therefore many metro stations, including Krishna Nagar Metro Station, Lucknow, will also provide you with a Parking Facility.
Conclusively, the Krishna Nagar Metro Station in Lucknow is a rapidly developed metro system connecting different city points. This connection will make it easy for residents and tourists to travel for work, pleasure, or any other.
Krishna Nagar Metro station is one of the newest metro stations on the Lucknow Metro system. It is in the Krishna Nagar neighbourhood of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The station is part of the North-South Corridor of the Lucknow Metro, which runs from the Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport to Munshipulia.
The Krishna Nagar Metro station is a modern and state-of-the-art facility designed for the comfort and convenience of passengers. The station has the latest technology and amenities, including escalators, lifts, and air conditioning, to provide a comfortable and hassle-free commuting experience.
The Krishna Nagar Metro station is undoubtedly an essential component of Lucknow’s growth story and a symbol of the city’s progress towards a more sustainable and modern transport system. Stay tuned for more updates regarding the Lucknow metro system in the upcoming future, as Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh are the fastest-growing places in India. Now more metro projects will be introduced soon in the upcoming years.