Barakhamba Metro Station lies on the blue line of the Delhi Metro network. This metro station is located on the Barakhamba Road in Delhi, near the Statesman House and the esteemed Modern School.
Delhi Metro is one of the most famous metro systems with world-class quality, which was constructed and operated by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Delhi Metro has 10 lines with 253 active stations in total and is an Urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) that connects and serves the whole capital city of India. Delhi Metro is also connected with regions of other states, such as Noida, Ghaziabad, and Gurgaon, which fall under Noida and Haryana, respectively.
As we know, Barakhamba Road Metro Station falls under the blue line of the Delhi Metro, which is the busiest and most popular route in the Delhi metro network.
Therefore in this article, we will learn further about the Barakhamba Road metro station, Delhi Metro ie. its maps, routes, nearby landmarks, Commercial complexes, residential areas, restaurants, etc,
Delhi Metro Fare Chart:
Here is the fare chart/table, which mentions the approximate rate for a one-way journey on the Delhi Metro would be as follows:
Distance from Origin
Delhi Metro also allows passengers to purchase a Smart Card to make travel smooth in the metro, and this type of smart card service is best suited for multiple journeys where the minimum amount payable is Rs. 150. In the initial stage, the smart card of the Delhi Metro includes a security deposit of Rs. 50. Thus, the minimum amount you can recharge is Rs. 200, and the maximum is Rs. 3000.
Therefore it is very beneficial to have smart cards for the Delhi metro so that passengers can avoid long queues, which is also very time-consuming.
About Barakhamba Metro Station:
The Barakhamba Metro Station, Delhi, has been constructed by Shapoorji Pallonji Group, and the DMRC operates it. It is an Underground Metro with double tracks.
The metro station was inaugurated on December 30th, 2005, and was opened to the public on 31st December 2005. This metro station is 17 years old now.
Quick Facts Table On Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi Facilities:
Here are some quick fact-checks about the Barakhamba metro station in Delhi.
Some quick facts about Barakhamba Metro Station are mentioned in the table as follows:
Barakhamba Metro Stop
Underground, Double Track
30th December 2005
Barakhamba Road, Dwarka Sector 21, Noida City Centre, Vaishali
Therefore, the above-mentioned facts help the passengers know about the station more accurately, as these quick checks are an essential part of the Barakhamba Metro Station, Delhi.
Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi Location:
As we read above, the Barakhamba Metro Station of the Delhi Metro is operated on the Blue line route. This metro station was built by the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, a private firm established in 1985.
This metro station is situated on the Barakhamba Road of the capital city of the country, and the Barakhamba Road is famous for its premier roads of Delhi, which connects Mandi House Circle near the Sahitya Akademi and Doordarshan Kendra (Television Center), with Connaught place which is also called Rajiv Chowk. The Rajiv Chowk metro station is close to the Barakhamba Metro Station in Delhi.
Many commercial complexes and other landmarks are present on both sides of the Barakhamba Road, which we will know later in this article. Keep looking forward to this for more authentic information about the Barakhamba Road metro station in Delhi.
Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi Route Map:
The preceding station of the Barakhamba Metro Station is Mandi House which goes towards the Noida Electronic City or Vaishali. Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi is followed by Rajiv Chowk metro station that goes towards Dwarka Sector 21. Now look at the Delhi metro route map for a better understanding.
Above mentioned metro route map covers all 10 colour lines ie. red, orange, pink, violet,, magenta, blue, yellow, green, and grey, etc; of the Delhi metro system. So the passengers can take a proper look at this mapped route and access all the Delhi metro system routes.
These types of maps are all provided inside every metro station so people can visit the metro station and travel to their destination according to the direction of the route map; even the station’s names are also mentioned inside the metro train for more clarification.
Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi Distance To Popular Places:
Here are a few famous and popular places that are located quite near Barakhamba Road along with the Barakhamba Road metro station, Delhi are mentioned below:
- Delhi International Airport (IGI): Delhi Airport is one of the world’s most famous and prime airports and the busiest air route. It serves not only the citizens of Delhi but all across the globe. In terms of international and domestic, it is the busiest in the nation, and you can also reach the airport via the metro. To get to the Indira Gandhi International Airport from the Barakhamba Road metro station, you need to take the train towards the Dwarka Sector 21 direction, on platform 2 on the Blue Line route, and from there, you have to take a second train towards Samaypur Badli, platform 2 of the yellow line. Therefore lastly, you will need to board a third train towards the Dwarka Sector 21, on platform 2, of the orange line route, thus the total distance you are covering from Barakhamba Road metro station to the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) is 17 km which can take up to 31 minutes.
- Delhi Aerocity: We discussed the distance from Barakhamba Road to IGI airport; now, we will measure the distance covered from the Barakhamba Road metro station, Delhi, to the Aerocity of Delhi. The Delhi Aerocity is built near the IGI airport, New Delhi, and is mostly utilized by travellers who have long layovers between their flights, as the Aerocity has numerous amounts of five-star hotels, like JW Marriot, Pullman, etc, which are known for its luxury abode and premium restaurants. To reach the Delhi Aerocity from Barakhamba Road then, you have to take the train towards the Dwarka Sector 21, platform 2 on the Blue line, then change for the second train towards the Samaypur Badli, platform 2 of the yellow line, then again you have to board the third train towards the Dwarka Sector 21 on platform 2 of the Orange line route. The direction is similar to the IGI Airport and Barakhamba Road Metro Station. Follow the mentioned directions on the metro line, and you will reach here on time if you have any important appointments.
- AIIMS: AIIMS is the All India Institute of Medical Sciences abbreviation. It is one of the prestigious medical hospitals and institutes in the country as well as for higher education and research. People across the country visit AIIMS for their medical treatment, so to get here from the Barakhamba Road metro station, Delhi, you need to board the train Barakhamba Road towards Dwarka Sector 21, platform 2 on the blue line, and then you have to take the second train towards the Huda City Center on platform 1, which is the yellow line. Therefore, the distance from the Barakhamba metro station to the All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS) is 8 km, which takes approximately 15 minutes.
- India Gate: As we know, India Gate is one of the country’s main war memorials, which is 42 meters high and is built on the Rajpath, which is now known as the Kartavya Path. India Gate and the President’s house are opposite each other therefore, many tourists and people from across the world come to visit this place. Many important national events happen at the India Gate, such as the Republic Day parade and many more occasions. It is also a very popular place among the Delhi people to hang out. As it is at the centre of the crossroad built in the structure of ‘Arc-De-Triomphe’, the structure commemorates the lives of 70,000 soldiers who died fighting the war for the British during WW1. The foundation of the India Gate was laid in 1921 by his royal highness, the Duke of Connaught. To visit India Gate via metro here are the routes to reach here are to board the train from the Barakhamba Road towards the Noida Electronic City 1, platform 1, on the blue line and get down at the Pragati Maidan station, therefore this includes three stations in total and total distance covers is 3 km with the time taken approximately 6 minutes.
- Parliament Museum is close to the New Parliament House and the Central Secretariat. A part of the Parliament Library building has been converted into a museum this museum was opened to the public in 1989 and contains many historical artefacts documenting the evolution of democratic institutions and democracy in India. The museum is open all day except Sunday and Monday. To visit here from the Barakhamba Road, platform 2 of the blue line, you will get down at the Patel Chowk metro station.
Barakhamba Metro Station- Distance To Nearby Landmarks:
Here are some landmarks that are located near the Barakhamba Metro Station in Delhi are mentioned here, along with their respective distance:
- Educational Institute: Modern School Barakhamba Road (2 km)
- Tourist Spot: Narain Manzil Mini Garden (1.4 km)
- Nearby Localities: Jantar Mantar Road, New Delhi (1.8 km) & Central Park, New Delhi (1.3 km)
- Transportation Hub: Super Bazar (500 m) & Statesman House (1.3 km)
- Hotel/Resorts: The Lalit New Delhi (1.1 km)
People can reach these places via the metro from Barakhamba Road.
Restaurants Near Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi
if you are looking for some restaurants or other eateries that are located near the Barakhamba Metro stop where you can grab a quick bite mentioned in the table, take a look at some of these famous restaurants:
Oko Pan Asian Restaurant
Foodiezz Arunachal Building
Ghoomar Traditional Thali Restaurant
Delhi Darbar Dhaba
Properties Near Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi:
Barakhamba Road, where the metro station is located, falls under a prime locality full of opportunities to buy or rent properties in Delhi.
It is an expedited location that connects Mandi House Circle near Doordarshan Kendra and Sahitya Akademi, with many commercial complexes on both sides, as mentioned before.
The average cost of property in this area is Rs. 43,000 per square foot, along with 4 BHK properties available for sale, which can cost around 8 crores INR.
The roads of the Barakhamba area are very well-maintained and spacious, perfect for vehicle parking.
The nearby landmarks of Barakhamba Road are Janpath Market, Connaught Place, and Jantar Mantar Road. Currently, two known projects are near the Barakhamba Road, ie. Kailash Nilgiri flat and Narain Manzil.
People look for a residence near the metro connectivity because of various facilities and benefits. Here are some of the properties mentioned in the table, along with their respective price range and which are close to the Barakhamba metro station:
20 Lakh-40 Lakh
Commercial Office Space
Above 5 crore
Even for rental purposes, the location offers many opportunities. Here is the property trend that is mentioned under this table take a glance at these places which are close to the Barakhamba metro station in Delhi:
Rental Property Type - Commercial
Commercial office space
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Barakhamba Road Metro Station is a major interchange station on the Delhi Metro network, and it has various facilities for commuters. The station has escalators and elevators for easy access to the platforms, and it also has a paid parking facility for commuters who wish to park their vehicles. Additionally, the station has various shops and kiosks selling snacks, beverages, and other essential items. Commuters can also find a customer care center, a lost and found section, and washroom facilities at the station.
A: Barakhamba Road Metro Station is a major interchange station on the Delhi Metro network, and it is served by two lines: the Blue Line and the Pink Line. The Blue Line runs from Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida Electronic City, while the Pink Line runs from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar. Commuters can easily switch between the two lines at Barakhamba Road Metro Station, which makes it a convenient transit point for many commuters in Delhi.
A: Barakhamba Road Metro Station is a major interchange station on the Delhi Metro network, and it has various facilities for commuters. The station has escalators and elevators for easy access to the platforms, and it also has a paid parking facility for commuters who wish to park their vehicles. Additionally, the station has various shops and kiosks selling snacks, beverages, and other essential items. Commuters can also find a customer care centre, a lost and found section, and washroom facilities at the station.
Summing Up- Barakhamba Metro Station Delhi:
As we read above, the Barakhamba Road metro station has been open to the public since December 2005. It is well connected to other parts of the city, providing many facilities and connected to some important locations such as monuments like Jantar Mantar, India Gate, and commercial complexes like Connaught Place is very close to the Barakhamba Road Metro station, Delhi. It is also close to one of the esteemed schools of Delhi, like the Modern School.
Due to its central location and great connectivity, many people also prefer to invest in properties near this metro station for better opportunities.
Therefore, if you are looking for a safe and better locality to start your livelihood, which provides good facilities and golden opportunities, you can check out Barakhambha Road.