Since its launch in 2019, the Vande Bharat Express has become a popular form of transport across India. It is faster and lighter than other trains in the country, making travel quicker and more enjoyable. It offers amenities such as Wi-Fi, 32-inch entertainment screens, and more. The Vande Bharat Express now operates on 10 routes across India, connecting 108 districts across 17 states. The following is a list of these routes:
1. New Delhi – Varanasi Vande Bharat Express:
The Vande Bharat Express route from New Delhi to Varanasi includes stops at Kanpur and Allahabad. Departing New Delhi at 6 am, the train arrives in Varanasi at 2 pm, then departs Varanasi at 3 pm and arrives in New Delhi at 11 pm. The journey is reduced from 13 hours to 8 hours. The train does not run on Mondays and Thursdays. Ticket prices range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000.
Time Table of 22436 New Delhi – Varanasi Vande Bharat Express:
|22436 New Delhi-Varanasi |
Vande Bharat Express
|Station||22435 Vanarasi-New Delhi|
|Departure 06.00||New Delhi||23.00|
|Arrivals 14.00||Varanasi||Depart 15.00|
Revised Time table of 22436 New Delhi -Varanasi Vande Bharat Express:
|22436 New Delhi-Varanasi|
Vande Bharat Express
|Existing Timing Arr/|
|Revised Timing Arr/|
|New Delhi||06.00||No Change|
|Kanpur||10.18 / 10. 20||10.08 / 10. 10|
|Allahabad||12. 23 / 12.25||12.08/ 12. 10|
|Varanasi||14. 00 / –||No Change|
The Vande Bharat Express features two executive compartments with 52 seats and trailer coaches with 78 seats each.
New Delhi (NDLS) – Varanasi (BSB): On-Board Catering Services on Train Set 18:
Train Set 18 will be launched between New Delhi (NDLS) and Varanasi (BSB). According to the guidelines, catering services and their tariffs for Train Set 18 between NDLS and BSB are as follows:
- Passengers of Train Set 18 will be charged an additional fee of Rs. 20/- for both Packaged Drinking Water (1000 ml) and News Paper, which will be provided to all passengers regardless.
- The fare of all passengers will include the catering charges between ALD and BSB stations, but those who do not opt for catering services in advance will be charged an extra fee of Rs. 50/- per service in addition to the catering charges.
- IRCTC will manage the onboard catering services as per the provisions of Catering Policy 2017 and will decide and notify service-wise menu and standards of services which will correspond to the above-determined tariff.
- All other instructions for managing onboard catering services on prepaid trains will remain unchanged.
Features of Train 18:
- Train 18 is an engineless train with 16 modern coaches, including 14 AC chair cars and 2 executive class coaches.
- The coaches have traction, similar to EMU trains, allowing greater acceleration.
- Passengers can swivel their seats toward the train’s movement in both the AC and Executive Class coaches.
- The doors are sliding, and the toilets are vacuum-controlled.
- The train also offers on-board infotainment and non-stop Wi-Fi and has touch-sensitive lights above the seats and screens that indicate the train’s speed.
- Every bogie has storage space for Railway pantry services.
2. New Delhi – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra (J&K) Vande Bharat Express:
The New Delhi-Katra route is a great way to quickly travel from New Delhi to Vaishno Devi, as it takes only 8 hours to cover the distance that would otherwise take 9.5 hours. The stops include Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana, and Jammu Tawi. This train is also known as India’s first vegetarian train, as no meat or eggs are served. It operates six days a week, except Tuesdays.
The train departs from New Delhi at 6 am, arrives at Katra at 2 pm, then leaves at 3 pm, and arrives back in New Delhi at 11 pm. Ticket prices range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000.
The second Vande Bharat Express has a CCTV surveillance system, a GPS-based passenger information system, Wi-Fi internet, and bio-vacuum toilets. These features make it one of India’s most advanced and comfortable trains.
Service-Wise Tariff of NDLS-SVDK Vande Bharat Express:
|Type of Service||Tariff (Inclusive : of GST @ 5%)|
|Tea Coffee with Beverages||15||15|
|Breakfast With Morning Tea||155.00||122.00|
|Evening Tea with Snacks||105||66|
3. Gandhinagar – Mumbai Vande Bharat Express:
Launched in September 2022, the Gandhinagar-Mumbai train is the fastest in India, taking less than 6 hours to cover the distance that would otherwise take about 9 hours. It stops at Surat, Vadodara Junction, and Ahmedabad Junction. It operates six days a week, except for Sundays. Ticket prices range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000.
Western Railway has announced that the new Vande Bharat Express will provide its passengers with world-class comfort and amenities. The fully air-conditioned train has various modern features, including sliding doors, personalized reading lights, mobile charging points, attendant call buttons, bio-toilets, automatic entry and exit doors, CCTV cameras, a reeling facility, and comfortable seating.
Western Railway has announced that Train No. 20901/20902 Mumbai Central – Gandhinagar Capital Vande Bharat Express will have an additional stop at Borivali Station, starting from 23rd January 2023. As a result, the arrival and departure times at certain stations have also been adjusted. Additionally, this train’s operation days will be changed from running daily except Sundays to running daily except Wednesdays, effective 30th May 2023.
Time Table of Gandhinagar – Mumbai Vande Bharat Express:
According to a press release from Western Railway, Train No. 20901 Mumbai Central – Gandhinagar Capital Vande Bharat Express will depart from Mumbai Central station at 06.00 hrs instead of 06.10 hrs on 23rd January 2023 onwards. At Borivali station, the train will arrive at 06.23 hrs and depart at 06.25 hrs. At Vapi station, it will arrive/depart at 07.56/07.58 hrs instead of 08.00/08.02 hrs. At all other stations, the train’s timings will remain unchanged.
Bharat Express will arrive at Mumbai Central Station at 20.25 hrs instead of 20.15 hrs on 23rd January 2023 onwards. At Borivali station, the train will arrive at 19.32 hrs and depart at 19.34 hrs. All other stations will remain unaffected by the change.
Train Fares: Gandhinagar Capital – Mumbai Central Vande Bharat:
Catering Details for the Gandhinagar Capital – Mumbai Central Vande Bharat Express:
- IRCTC has announced it will provide passengers with a rich culinary experience during the inaugural journey and all subsequent runs.
- The indigenous train will also include health-conscious, low-calorie, millet-based regional dishes.
- Indian Railways aims to serve high-end delicacies to suit the taste buds of its distinguished customers, with the design and appearance of the train complementing the local cuisine.
- The menu caters to the premium business and corporate segment, with health-conscious, low-calorie options such as ragi, bhagar, and muesli.
- Additionally, the menu also considers the dietary restrictions of Jain/ senior passengers, with dishes made from sabu dana, bhagar, and fruit.
- Furthermore, this train will also be the first to offer healthy malt beverages for traveling children.
- As part of the “Be Vocal, Go Local” initiative, the train will also be serving local brands of peanut chikki instead of chocolate bars.
- Experienced and competent professionals will provide the onboard hospitality with a balanced gender mix.
- The menu will be served at par with the standard of the Mumbai Ahmedabad Corporate Tejas Trains run by IRCTC.
4. New Delhi – Amb Andaura In Himachal Pradesh Vande Bharat Express:
This train travels from New Delhi to Himachal Pradesh and stops at Ambala, Chandigarh, and Anandpur Sahib before reaching its final destination in Una. The train service was inaugurated in October 2022. The train operates six days a week, except Fridays.
It departs from New Delhi railway station at 5:50 am and arrives at Amb Anadaura at 11:00 am. It departs from Amb Anadaura at 1:00 pm and arrives at New Delhi at 6:25 pm. The total travel time is 5 hours and 25 minutes. The ticket cost for this train ranges from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000.
Time Table of New Delhi- Amb Andaura Vande Bharat Express:
|22447 New Delhi -Amb Andaura Vande Bharat Express||Stations||22478 AMB Andaura – New Delhi Vandhe Bharat Express|
- Ticket prices of Train 22447 New Delhi – Amb Andaura Vande Bharat Express for trips from New Delhi to Amb Andaura consist of an Executive Class fare of Rs 2045 for the ticket, including catering services, and Rs 1890 for the ticket, not including catering.
- Chair Car passengers are charged Rs 1075 for a ticket including catering and Rs 955 for a ticket not including catering.
- The fares for Train 22448 Amb Andaura – New Delhi Vande Bharat Express, going in the opposite direction, are a little higher.
- Executive Class passengers pay Rs 2240 for tickets, including catering services, or Rs 1890 for tickets without catering.
- For Chair Car, tickets with catering services cost Rs 1240, and tickets without catering cost Rs 955.
- It is the fourth Vande Bharat Express, launched by the Indian Railway, and is a high-speed train that can attain peak speeds of 160 mph.
- This express train aims to reduce travel time from 7 hours to just 5 hours and 15 minutes.
- This chair car configuration has 16 coaches, a stainless steel body, and a capacity of 1128 passengers.
- KAVACH technology has been used in the advanced state-of-the-art safety features.
- The train connects the National Capital and the Hill State Himachal Pradesh.
- All coaches have recliner seats, emergency alarms, Wi-Fi, CCTV Cameras, and automatic doors.
- It is 30% energy efficient, accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in 52 seconds, and has a 3.5 riding index for enhanced comfort.
- Separate toilets for Divyangjan have been provided for their convenience.
- All these features are to ensure a safe and comfortable journey.
5. Chennai – Mysuru Vande Bharat Express:
South India’s newest Vande Bharat Express was made available in November 2022. The railway departs from Chennai at 5:50 am in the morning, making a stop in Katpadi and Bengaluru before arriving at Mysuru Junction at 12:20 pm.
The journey will start again at 1:05 pm in Mysuru, concluding at 7:30 pm back in Chennai. Altogether, it will take around 6.5 hours. Ticket prices vary between Rs 1000 and Rs 2000. The only day the Express train will not be in operation is Wednesday.
Fare Details for MAS – MYS Vandebharath Express (Including Catering):
Fare of Vande Bharat Express Trains MAS-MSY:
|FROM||TO||CC(Chair Car)||EC(Excecutive Class)|
Fare of MYS -MAS Vande Bharat Express:
|FROM||TO||CC(Chair Car)||EC(Executive Class)|
Southern Railway is accepting reservations for the Vande Bharat Express train service starting on 12-11-2022. Please note that no concession or child fares will be available for this service, and only full-fare adult tickets will be issued. Booking, cancellation, and refund policies will be similar to those of the Shatabdi trains.
- The 5th Indigenous semi-high-speed train has been launched as part of the Make-in-India initiative.
- It is equipped with better passenger facilities.
- It will be able to reach peak speeds of 160 mph, reducing the average travel time from 8 hrs 30 mins to 06 hrs 30 mins and boosting tourism in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- The train is also equipped with KAVACH to avoid train collisions and has separate toilets for Divyangjan, 360º Rotational seats, and an Information system.
- The Chennai-Mysuru Vande Bharat Express train trial runs have already started and were officially flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 11, 2022.
- This new service will connect Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka to Tamil Nadu’s Chennai, increasing the connectivity between the three IT cities.
- The average speed of the service will be between 75 and 77 kilometers per hour, and the journey will take around six-and-a-half hours.
6. Nagpur – Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express:
From December 2022, passengers traveling between Nagpur and Bilaspur can enjoy the convenience of taking the train, which passes through Raipur, Durg, and Gondia. This service is not available on Saturdays. With departure from Nagpur at 2.05 pm, the train arrives at Bilaspur at 7.35 pm. In the opposite direction, the train departs Bilaspur Junction at 6.45 am and is scheduled to reach Nagpur Junction at 12.15 pm, making the journey from A to B a manageable 5.5 hours. Ticket prices vary from Rs 1000-2000.
- Traveling between Nagpur, Maharashtra, and Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, just got a lot easier with the introduction of the Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express, which operates 6 days a week except Saturday.
- The train features an intelligent banking system, air conditioning with a more efficient compressor, and a UV lamp to supply a germ-free environment.
- This express train runs at an average speed of 74.90 kilometers per hour, allowing passengers to complete the journey in five-and-a-half hours.
- With such comfortable features, the Vande Bharat Express promises passengers a memorable and relaxing experience!
7. Howrah – New Jalpaiguri Vande Bharat Express:
West Bengal welcomed its first Vande Bharat Express in December 2022, a service connecting Howrah to New Jalpaiguri with stops at Bolpur (Shantiniketan), Malda Town, and Barsoi. The train will be operational six days a week, except Wednesdays, from 5:55 am to 10:35 pm, to give commuters more of an option.
Passengers can depart from Howrah Junction in the morning, with a New Jalpaiguri arrival time of 1:25 pm. They can return to Howrah in the evening, departing from New Jalpaiguri at 3:05 pm. Ticket costs for this route range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000.
Traveling from Howrah to New Jalpaiguri has just become easier, faster, and safer with the introduction of the new ‘Make in India’ project. Capable of reaching speeds up to 160 mph, this superfast train can make the journey in just 7 hours 30 minutes, a great improvement on the 10 hours 45 minutes average travel time.
Divyangjans have been provided with separate toilets to cater to their special needs. The safety of the train has been guaranteed by the KAVACH (Train Collision Avoidance System). To further benefit the passengers, information regarding the train is available in 3 languages – Bengali, English, and Hindi – on the Infotainment Screen. Each of the cars is furnished with 78 seats and 2 rows of specially designed tables.
The train includes a range of advanced amenities for passengers, such as Wi-Fi infotainment, GPS-based passenger information, luxurious interiors, bio-vacuum toilets with touchless features, diffused LED lighting, charging ports at each seat, individual touch-based reading lights, concealed roller blinds, improved heating and air-conditioning with an ultraviolet lamp for germ-free air, and an intelligent air-conditioning system that can adjust cooling according to the climate and occupancy.
Time Table of Howrah – New Jalpaiguri Vande Bharat Express:
The train will depart from Howrah at 05:55 hours and arrive at NJP at 13:25 hours. From NJP, the train will leave at 15:05 hours and return to Howrah at 22:35 hours.
The journey from Howrah to New Jalpaiguri:
|Howrah-NJP Vande Bharat Express||Station|
The journey from New Jalpaiguri to Howrah:
|NJP-Howrah Vande Bharat Express||Station|
8. Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Vande Bharat Express:
Travelers looking for a convenient way to travel from Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam can take the newly launched high-speed train. With stops at Warangal, Khammam, Vijayawada Junction, and Rajahmundry, the train can cut the total journey time to approximately 8.5 hours – almost 2 hours faster than other routes.
The train operates six days a week, except Sunday, and runs twice daily. The departure time from Secunderabad is at 3 pm, and arrives in Visakhapatnam at 11.30 pm. For those heading in the opposite direction, the train departs from Vizag at 5:45 am and reaches Secunderabad at 2:15 pm.
Ticket prices for this train range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000, depending on the class. With its quick travel time, affordable tickets, and frequency, the train is the perfect way to travel from Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam.
- This Vande Bharat Express is India’s 8th indigenously produced train, capable of reaching a peak speed of 160 km/h and covering a distance of 690 km from Secunderabad to Vizag in 8.30 hours.
- The average speed in some areas is 130 km/h, and the train runs 6 days a week, with no service on Sundays.
- It is equipped with world-class amenities such as comfortable reclining seats, safety features, air conditioning control, an infotainment system, mobile charging points, LED lighting, automatic sliding doors, and toilets with vacuum suction.
- It also has 180-degree rotating seats in the executive class, emergency alarm buttons, and talk-back units.
- The train has a capacity of 1128 passengers and is designed to reduce travel time from an average of 12 hours to 8 hours and 30 minutes.
- It will strengthen Andhra Pradesh and Telangana’s economic, social, and cultural bond.
Time Table of Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Vande Bharat Express:
Train No.20833 VSKP-SC from VSKP:
Train No.20834 SC-VSKP from SC:
9. Mumbai-Solapur Vande Bharat Express:
The recently launched Vande Bharat Express 2.0 will connect Mumbai, the “commercial capital of India,” to Solapur, known as the ‘Textile Center’, covering a distance of 400 km in a time of 6 hours and 35 minutes. The train is expected to travel through the Bhor ghat, a 25 km stretch of railway track between Karjat and Khandala, also known as Khandala ghat. This new route of the Vande Bharat Express will provide a much-needed connection between the two cities.
The Mumbai to Solapur train operates six days a week, with services suspended on Wednesdays. It departs from Mumbai at 4:05 pm, arrives in Solapur at 10:40 pm, departs from Solapur at 6:05 am, and arrives in Mumbai at 12:35 pm. Ticket costs range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000, depending on the class of travel. The train stops at Dadar, Kalyan, Pune, and Kurduwadi before reaching its final destination.
Time Table of Mumbai-Solapur Vande Bharat Express:
|Train NO:22225||Train No:22226|
10. Mumbai- Shirdi Vande Bharat Express:
The Mumbai to Shirdi Vande Bharat Express halts at Dadar, Thane, and Nashik Road stations. The train runs every day except for Tuesday. The Vande Bharat Express 2.0 will travel through the 14 km-long Thal ghat, also known as Kasara ghat, located between the Kasara and Igatpuri sections of the Central Railway. This is the first Vande Bharat Train to climb the 1 in 37 gradient ghat.
The train leaves Mumbai at 6.20 am and reaches Shirdi at 11.40 am, departs from Shirdi at 5:25 pm, and reaches Mumbai at 10:50 pm, covering a distance of 340 km in a total of 5 hours and 20 minutes. Ticket prices range from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000.
Time Table of Mumbai-Shirdi Vande Bharat Express:
|Train NO:22223||Train NO:22224|
|11.40||____||Sai Nagar Shiridi||____||17.25|
The Vande Bharat trains have been running on their designated 10 routes at almost full capacity. Recently, sixty MPs, fourteen of them from the non-NDA coalition, asked for Indian Railways to provide new Vande Bharat services for their constituents. Should the authorities consent, we could see even more of these special trains, this time on newer routes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
On Saturday, India is set to start two new routes, leading to the functioning of 13 Vande Bharat Express trains throughout the nation.
The Vande Bharat Express trains have 2 Executive Class coaches and 14 Chair car coaches, all air-conditioned. If you’re traveling from Delhi to Varanasi, it’ll cost you ₹3,310 for Executive Class (EC) and ₹1,760 for Chair Car (CC). However, no concessional or child fares are available on VBE.