IRCTC is the abbreviation of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. It is an Indian public sector undertaking that provides ticketing, catering, and tourism services for the Indian Railways. The Government of India initially owned it under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways, which operates this. It has been listed on the National Stock Exchange since 2019, along with the Government continuing the hold on its ownership.
What is the role of IRCTC? IRCTC was encompassed on 27th September 1999 as an extended part of the Indian Railways. The main aim was to upgrade, professionalize and manage the catering and hospitality services in the Railways of India stations to provide better facilities to the passengers. Also, to promote domestic and international tourism by giving offers by developing budget-friendly hotels, tour packages, etc.
In this article, we will learn how to register an online IRCTC account and create a new account on IRCTC. So keep looking forward to this article.
How To Create A New Account On IRCTC- Simple Steps To Follow:
Here are some steps to create a new Account on the IRCTC portal as follows:
- Go to the official portal of the IRCTC, i.e., irctc.co.in
- Then on the official page, follow the details, and create a new account for IRCTC registration by giving all the required information that is asked for.
- Then click the ‘IRCTC sign up’ link on the login option.
- Then you will be redirected to the IRCTC registration form.
- You have to enter your username and make sure your username should have 3 to 35 characters at least.
- Then you will be given a security question according to your preference.
- Next, you must enter your official name, gender, marital status, occupation, and date of birth (D.O.B).
- Then you have to enter your email ID, which is valid carefully, and your mobile number as your login password.
- Next, you will enter your full address and the pin code.
- Then you have to enter a captcha code after entering that, click on the submit button the begin the online procedure for registration.
Therefore these are the steps to make your new account on the IRCTC online and register online for getting benefits in the Indian Railways.
Benefits Of IRCTC:
You get many facilities in IRCTC, such as booking your seat on the railway before and booking your meals for the train, and the best part is that you can pay for these priorly through online mode without visiting railway stations.
There are many ways of payment introduced, i.e., IRCTC e-wallet. Which can also be accessible after registering yourself
IRCTC eWallet scheme where users can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and can be used as the payment option while booking tickets on the railways.
The Advantages Of IRCTC eWallet:
- Hassle-free and very secure in terms of transactions.
- It also saves booking time by eliminating the payment approval cycle.
- Also, benefits in saving payment gateway charges as per the ticket
- Manages account online and top-up online
- And dependency on a specific bank is reduced; if any bank goes offline, you can still book tickets from your IRCTC eWallet account.
Booking Ticket Through eWallet:
- Visit the IRCTC portal and log in by entering your details
- Then click on the IRCTC eWallet registration link under the IRCTC eWallet section on the plan my travel page
- By giving details of your Aadhar card or pan card, complete the verification process
- Deposit a one-time registration fee that is Rs. 50 online with any mode of payments
- The membership fees and Redemption are subject to change at the discretion of an IRCTC.
- Credit the IRCTC eWallet account with a minimum deposit of Rs.100 and top up with the required booking amount.
- The maximum amount permitted is Rs. 10,000.
- Then pay the ticket booking amount through an IRCTC eWallet, displayed as a payment option with other banks.
So this is the process of an IRCTC account which you can register online and book your IRCTC benefits priorly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: To register an online IRCTC account, you must visit the IRCTC website and click the “Register” button on the homepage. You will then be prompted to enter your details, such as your name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number. Once you have entered your details, you must choose a username and password for your account. After completing the registration process, you will receive a verification link in your email, which you must click to verify your account.
A: Having an online IRCTC account offers several benefits to users. Firstly, it allows you to book train tickets online, saving you the hassle of having to visit a railway station. Additionally, it provides you with access to various railway services, such as checking train schedules, cancellation and refund of tickets, and making food and beverage bookings on trains. You can also choose to save your travel preferences, such as seat preference and meal preference, which can make the booking process quicker and more convenient in the future.
A: Having an online IRCTC account offers several benefits to users. Firstly, it allows you to book train tickets online, saving you the hassle of visiting a railway station. Additionally, it provides access to various railway services, such as checking train schedules, canceling and refunding tickets, and making food and beverage bookings on trains. You can also save your travel preferences, such as seat preference and meal preference, which can make the booking process quicker and more convenient in the future.